Join the Surgery
How Do I Join the Surgery?
- Read the NHS Guidance on 'How to Register With a GP Surgery'
- Check you live in the catchment area for the surgery you want to join by using our interactive boundary maps
- Complete the online registration form on this website or you can collect and fill out a paper form from our surgery
Anyone in England can register with a GP surgery to access NHS services. It's free to register. You do not need proof of address or immigration status, ID or an NHS number. If you live in the boundary area of our surgeries you can join Coastal Medical Partnership. You can use the NHS 'Find a GP' Service to find the surgery nearest you.
Click on the round buttons below to read about how to register with a GP surgery, check you live in our catchment areas and join the surgery
Will I be Allocated a Named 'Accountable GP' When I Join the Surgery?
Yes. Once registered with Coastal Medical Partnership, you will be allocated a named 'Allocated GP'.
The named GP is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all appropriate services, where required based on clinical judgement, to each of their patients. You do not need to see your named GP when you book an appointment at the surgery.
You can see a variety of health professionals in addition to a GP, such as:
- Physician Associate
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse with Prescribing
- Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) First Contact Physiotherapist
- Health and Well-Being Team
- Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician